This tutorial is about how to create simple HDRI Skydome material for Unreal Engine 4 and customize it to your liking. This is very simple process and I hope images will provide you with clear explanation. This material will allow you to quickly change HDR texture map, rotation, contrast, brightness and tint color.
- Create material,
- Name as you like it,
- Open it,
- Select output note and in Details Panel look for:
- Material >> Blending Mode set to Unlit,
- Usage >> set to Use with Static Lighting.
- Copy nodes from image above.
Create Material Instance out of material you just have created.
- RMB click on material and chose Create Material Instance
- Use SM_Cube shape or SM_Sphere (also you can create custom shape and uv’s in your favorite modeling software and import to UE4). Drop your object to the scene and scale up to your liking.
- Add Material Instance we created.
- *This object do not need collision, physics, cast shadows.
Customizing this HDRI Skydome material in Unreal Engine is very easy.
- Open Material Instance,
- Free HDRI texture HDRI Haven,
- Image Rotation,
HDR Skydome for Mobile
Project Settings for Mobiles
To be able to see HDRI skydome for mobile we need set engine to do so:
- Edit >> Project Settings,
- Search for HDR,
- Set Mobile HDR on.
Lastly Edited: 03.Dec.2019