Test HTML5 project on localhost
You should always test your project on localhost before uploading to host. Test a HTML5 project once you’ve packaged it 4.22 or later. Simple follow the steps.
1. Package your project by going to File > Package Project > HTML5.
2. Navigate to the folder where you placed the packaged project.
3. Locate the HTML5LaunchHelper.exe and open it.
4. DOS prompt/command window will appear.
5. Open up the browser: Google Chrome, FireFox, etc…
6. Browse to the location http://localhost:8000//PROJECTNAME.html
Upload HTML5 project to web-server
- Open FTP manager
- Download HTML5 project to directory folder, see image.
- To open project type in web-browser: example https://www.sitename.com/HTML5/PROJECTNAME.html
IMPORTANT* The address name of the project dependent on the packaged method was chosen:
- DEBUG GAME,
HTML5 Build Type
When creating a build of your HTML5 project, you have the option of creating a Development Build or a Shipping Build. The type of build that you create for your project depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Debug Game* is a variant of debug build.
HTML5 Development Builds:
- Development builds are used when you are testing or debugging your project before you want to release it.
- Development builds only build uncompressed files.
- Development builds will only work with local testing and are not meant to be deployed to a website.
- Project name example: https://www.sitename.com/HTML5/PROJECTNAME.html
HTML5 Shipping Builds:
- Shipping builds are used when you are ready to release your project to end users.
- Shipping builds can be built to use either compressed or uncompressed files.
- Shipping builds can be compressed for smaller download size.
- Project name example: https://www.sitename.com/PROJECTNAME-HTML5-Shipping.html
- Unreal Engine 4 Documentation – https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Platforms/HTML5/GettingStarted
Hit the red bell in the left corner of your screen to subscribe and get notify every time new tip, asset, or update will come to Multipainkiller Studio.