This is step by step instruction on importing ready models from Blender 2.8 to Godot using the new .GLTF 2 file format.
Import to Godot:
- In Godot Engine select folder res// .
- Right mouse click to make new folder.
- Name it, for example – “Imports”.
- Open file browser and move/copy your_model.GLTF to new “Imports” folder.
- In “Imports” folder you should have imported asset also with material if applied.
Open imported model
- Select your_model.GLTF .
- Right mouse click to open popup window menu.
- Chose Open Scene(s).
- New Inherited or Open Anyway.
- New scene with your new imported asset will be create.
Save it as tscn scene
- From Edit drop-down list choose Save Scene As… (Ctrl+Shift+S).
- Navigate to desired folder.
- Press Save.