Move assets between projects with easy. The Content Browser contains the Migrate Tool, which allows assets to be copied from one project to another, along with any dependent assets. For instance, you can migrate a vfx with materials, and any textures and settings that define that particle system will automatically be copied along with it. This is useful when you need to merge or fork projects, or when transitioning from a test environment into a production project.
For demonstration we will migrate particle effects from Content Example Blueprints Input provided by Epic to our game project Endless Runner.
- Open project with assets you want to migrate.
- Using Assets Browser navigate to desire assets.
- Select assets to migrate.
- While selected click Right Mouse Button – RMB to open menu
- Navigate to Asset Actions >> Migrate…
- Dialog box with Asset Report appears to show you all assets list needed to be migrate together.
- Press OK to confirm.
- Choose Target Location for the migration
- This has to be Content Folder from another Unreal Engine project
- Press Select Folder to accept and migrate.
Tip of the day – Fix Up Redirection in Folder
Good practice to keep your project tidy while many times assets has been moved from its primary location or renamed leaves a Redirector in its old location .
- Fix Up Redirections in Folder,
- Select folder to fix ,
- Left mouse button LMB to open menu,
- Navigate to Fix Up Redirections in Folder,
- Click to confirm.