Fix Up Redirection and Show Filter Redirection in Unreal Engine 4 is very easy to use tool and appears to be very helpful. This is step by step instruction to show how to fix up old redirection and also how to enabled and use this tool on daily basis.
Fix Up Redirection in Folder
Good practice to keep your project tidy is to keep an eye on redirections. Assets moved from its primary location or renamed leaves a Redirector in its old location . Very useful before packaging, compiling and migrate assets.
Fix Up Redirections
- Select folder to fix ,
- Left mouse button LMB to open menu,
- Navigate to Fix Up Redirections in Folder,
- Click to confirm
Redirectors Filter Activation
This feature you may want to use on daily basis to avoid problems in future. Choosing a naming system early on and sticking with it will avoid many of the problems experienced with Redirectors. To keep control over this we can activate filter to see corrupted files.
To activate redirectors filter go to Filters
- Navigate to Show Redirectors filter in the content browser.
- Redirection filter has been activated and will show up in filters tab
- Click on it to turn off/on
- To disabled Show Redirectors Filter Tool
- Go Filters >> Others Filters >> Show Redirectors and tick off this option