QUADSIMU | UPDATES and plans for the upcoming future. Below list represent Work in progress (WIP), full Change-log and also further plans.
EXPERIMENTAL – ALPHA
- In progress…
- In progress…
- In progress…
- In progress…
- In progress…
Lastly edited at 06 – Dec – 2019.
This section is dedicated to further plans and ideas I would like to implement into QUADSIMU | quadcopter simulator in upcoming future.
- Quick Menu with Quadcopter properties only to adjust values on the fly.
- Signal Effect Color Picker.
- Signal Range.
- Cut Off Power on crash.
- Engine Heat and impact on efficiency.
- Battery Logic:
- Burst Rate (10s).
- Temperature Monitoring,
- Impact of heat on battery quality,
- Replacement – visual representation of each pack.
- Different Types: 1S, 2S, 3S, 5S.
- Custom Input Remapping to bind keys.
- More gates.
- More maps.
- Bigger maps with Level Streaming.
- Propellers Pitch.
- High performance Grass.
- Notification on hit.
- Better Engine
- Physical materials.
- Track Builder, to allow pilots create own tracks.
- More drones types and improvement of existing:
- Tiny Whoop type – (Weight),
- Racing Quadcopter – (Speed),
- FreeStyle – (Maneuver),
- Video Recorders type – (Stability and Tasks Automatization),
- DIY 3D Printed parts – (Educational).
- Radio Transmitter support.
- Pilot Status:
- Simulation Time
- Implementation of safety rules based on DroneCode,
- PID Loop Optimization
- Optimization, optimization, and optimization…
- Add your goal
Lastly edited at 27 – Nov – 2019.
Changes already added to QUADSIMU | QUADCOPTER SIMULATOR.
v.1.3 – 06/Dec/2019
- FPV Camera:
- Lens Distortion,
- Small Interference,
- Big Interference,
- Signal Scan Lines,
- Battery Management System:
- Battery Type ( Currently 4S ),
- State Of Charge (SOC) %,
- Capacity (mAh),
- Discharge (C) Rate,
- Current Load from engines (W),
- Low Battery Voltage Alarm,
- Charge Spot,
- Charge Rate Speed,
- Type of Charge – current “Balance Charge”.
- UI/Main Menu Sound Effects.
- On Hover,
- On Pressed.
- Nature Ambient Sound for Playground map.
- Impact Sound Effect.
- Ground Detection:
- Dust Effect,
- Dynamic Adaptation based on Current Load.
- Quadcopter Parts:
- Motor – Stator,
- Motor – Rotor,
- HD Camera,
- Antenna Signal Effect to Main Menu:
- Engine Magneto rotation in sync with propellers.
- Precise Weight Scaling.
- Engine Sound:
- Sound Cue mixing tracks for better dynamic,
- Air Absorption,
- Listener Focus,
- Attenuation Occlusion.
- Pilot Status:
- Simulation Timer,
- Save & Load Profile.
- Sticks Overlay not updating correctly.
- TPV Free Camera Pitch too big range allowing camera go under floor.
- Discord is not loading (live).
- Wrong ANGLE Mode descriptions in Device Settings.
- After respawn from crash Device is activated.
- Engine Efficiency >> Throttle Boost
- Default Device Settings.
- Race Impressions.
- Quadcopter Parts (Total Tris Reduction on full build = 17.222):
- Engine/Motor – Stator (720 Tris reduced),
- Engine/Motor – Rotor (730 Tris reduced),
- Airframe (1402 Tris reduced),
- Fly Controller (1662 Tris reduced),
- FPV Camera (648 Tris reduced),
- HD Camera (1840 Tris reduced),
- Antenna (3370 Tris reduced),
- Receiver (100 Tris reduced),
- Base Propeller (600 Tris reduced).
v.1.2 – 05/Nov/2019
- Carton Box.
- Storage Shelf.
- Traffic Cone.
- Trees (SM)
- 4 Propeller Types with impact on Physics & Audio:
- 5020 – 5″inch, 2x Blade.
- 5030 – 5″inch, 3x Blade.
- 5040 – 5″inch, 4x Blade.
- 5050 – 5″inch, 5x Blade.
- Smoke & Sparks VFX on Destroyed.
- Unlimited Music\Radio Player Party – Vibe embed in simulator web page.
- Horizontal Speed + Drag – display values in Sticks Overlay Widget.
- My Profile (introduction to drone education service)
- Altitude Stabilization Filter for ANGLE Mode.
- Values exposed to Device Tune Mode:
- Pitch Bitrate + reset,
- Roll Bitrate + reset,
- Yaw Bitrate + reset,
- Altitude Bitrate + reset.
- Trees to Playground Level.
- Engine Outcome Acceleration for Mixed Motor Algorithm (MMA)
- Engine/Propeller rotation with smooth interpolation to 0 from drone activate state to deactivate.
- Altitude Indicator to Tune Mode.
- Altitude Stabilization Strength value exposed to Device Options in Main Menu.
- Categories Name for Device Options in Main Menu.
- ANGLE Mode PID exposed to Device Options.
- Pitch (Proportional, Integral, Derivative)
- Roll (Proportional, Integral, Derivative)
- Yaw (Proportional, Integral, Derivative)
- Altitude (Proportional, Integral, Derivative)
- PID Tune Overlay not updating values after quadcopter has been destroyed.
- Sticks Overlay not updating values after quadcopter has been destroyed.
- Audio Settings Accept Text has wrong font type.
- Too dark levels:
- Main Menu,
- Minor design changes in PID TUNE.
- Possible Failstart in Challenger.
- No loading default settings after update to QS version 1.1a.
- Unsmooth transition from Acrobatic (ACR) to Angle mode (AGL).
- Min Propeller Speed to Idle Propeller Speed
- Sound to Sophie at Audio Settings
- Removed Unused Assets.
- Texture Size Reduction.
- Materials Optimization.
- Activate/Deactivate Sound.
- Switch Physics Damping.
- Propellers Mixing Controller.
- Audio Volume in Challenger and Playground map.
v.1.1a – 18/10/2019
- New – Wave Simulation on Fabric Material for flags.
- New – Universal Material System for better performance:
- One base pbr material ( M_Base ) for quadcopter device.
- Instance materials for individual parts.
- New – Artificial Horizon.
- New – Tunnel Gate Object.
- New – Feed News section in main menu.
- New – Sparks – Visual Effect on hit into obstacles.
- New – TPV Camera supports:
- camera follows quad rotation – yaw,
- camera arm off,
- setcamera focus,
- free roll.semi-free pitch.
- New – TPV Free Camera supports:
- manual look around.
- New – Set Damage ON/OFF (Device Settings).
- New – Adjust Damage Strength (Device Settings).
- Added – Better Virtual Joystick widget.
- Added – Better physics handle while engines are deactivated.
- Added – Music Slider will also handle Announcer and other sounds not related with quadcopter device.
- Added – Keyboard & Gamepad support to main menu.
- Added – Functionality to quadcopter parts info board at garage;
- Only selected part visible.
- “Full Build” button for return to complete build.
- Added – Background to quadcopter parts info display board in garage.
- Fixed – Lights
- Menu Map
- Garage Map
- Playground Map
- Challenger Map
- Fixed – Save Sounds into right slot.
- Fixed – Sounds too loud:
- Butterflies – was too loud
- Levels music – was too loud
- Levels music – size reduced ( map Playground )
- Level SFX – Bell was too loud ( map Challenger )
- Fixed – Dark spots on Inflate Gates material.
- Fixed – Sticker won’t load by default.
- Fixed – At Main menu map one Butterfly can’t find rest target.
- Fixed – Loading indicator overlapping.
- Fixed – Incorrect displayed Engine Sound Text value in Audio Settings.
- Fixed – Accept button image in Audio Settings not appears.
- Renamed – About Tab in Main Menu to Feed News.
- Renamed – Effects Sound to Device (Audio Settings).
- Renamed – Music Sound to Music (Audio Settings).
v.1.0 – 22/07/2019 – ALPHA
- Female announcer – audio
- New Race Level – “Challenger“. This new map comes with simple race track to test new Time Attack System.
- Fix – Sticks Position widget and Tune Mode widget not disappearing on camera toggle ON/OFF.
- New Menu – menu menu widget was redesigned from scratch adding more ability and better appearance:
- Access to main menu any time without need to come out of the game, even in Garage.
- Press P – Keyboard or Special_Left – Gamepad.
- More options with better placement.
- Extended graphical options with fixed previous issues.
- Slide in animations.
- Loading animations.
- Tab for Levels.
- This place is designed to work as maps library.
- Quick Restart Level button.
- Audio settings for Music, SFX and Sound Quality.
- Set, Save & Load your audio preference.
- Time Attack System providing timers for race challenges. Current features:
- Countdown time,
- Check and Save best lap time,
- Best lap notification,
- Check and Save best race time,
- Best race notification,
- Save best race time,
- Check for right direction,
- Show next checkpoint…
- Cleaning and organizing.
- Gamepad Force Feedback support:
- Save Force Feedback preference available from Options >> Controls >> Force Feedback checkbox.
- Activating HDRI to build more accurate lights.
- Modeling new FPV Gates. Set of 5 inflate gates.
- Testing with Brave – Secure, Fast & Private Web Browser with Adblocker.
v.09 – 12/06/2019
- More efficient handling of altitude calculation.
- Engines audio optimized
- NEW – APP – Sticker system
- Stick a sticker on the walls, floor or any object you want to.
- Sticker is placed on the bottom of drone, once you in good position press “right shoulder” button on your gamepad controller to place sticker at desire location. Walls, floor, ceilings, anywhere.
- Ability to choose sticker from small sticker library and save it.
- FPS widget has been removed from UI – To check current FPS call command console and type “stat FPS“
- Date widget has been removed from UI
- Smoothed Frame Rate Range from 60 to 144 FPS for gaming monitors.
- NEW – WEB – DISCORD embedding.
- APP – Adopting Discord theme colors.
- APP – GARAGE – Prevent from adding to the screen game widgets.
- APP – GAMEPLAY – PHYSICS – More accurate physics handling.
- APP – GAMEPLAY – AUDIO – More dynamic engines sound handling.
- APP – OPTIONS – Graphical settings not displayed correctly fixed.
v.08 – 31/5/19.
- APP – UI – MAIN MENU new background img.
- APP – UI – MAIN MENU new dark theme.
- APP – UI – Added Health and Engine Status to FPV, HDV, TPV.
- APP – UI – MAIN MENU – GARAGE – purpose of it is to provide more details in one place about quadcopter parts to get better understanding of how such device is working.
- Mouse only – Drag & Rotate drone,
- Mouse only – Zoom drone.
- APP – OPTIMIZATION
- Draw Call reduction
- Up to 50% in FPV, HDV,
- Up to 20% in TPV.
- Removing useless/doubled code.
- PID calculation
- ACRO – clean PID loop
- ANGLE – PID loop plus stabilisation
- Draw Call reduction
- WEB – page – modification.
v.07 – 18/5/19.
- Huge size reduction from 191 MB to 106 MB.
- Performance optimization by nativization of bp_: ENGINES, PID, VARIOMETER.
- Load/Download time reduction.
v.06 – 17/5/19.
- New FLOOR material.
- New GATE item with 3 LOD’s and RING based on particle system.
- READY PRESET for the first takeoff, no need to set up. Option still available for more advanced pilots.
- ACRO MODE comes with better values.
v. 05 – 13/5/19.
- Destruction system based on momentum during impact.
- PID parameters exposed.
- ESC parameters exposed.
- Transmitter parameters exposed.
- ENGINES parameters exposed.
- The weight of the device is exposed.
- FPV/HDV & TPV/TPV-FREE camera switch.
- Fixes and another small optimizes.
v. 04 – 08/05/19. First optimization to improve load time and gameplay.
v. 03 – 05/05/19. Added new Menu background, gamepad input image map to Options.
V. 02 – 04/05/19. Added custom graphical settings, custom AOA for FPV Camera, save and load functionality.
v. 01 – 02/05/19. Added custom html & css.
v. 00 – 01/05/19. Released – Early Access & Testing! – PRE ALPHA
Quadsimu updates and plans. The goal is to get closer to reality. All valuable comments, ideas, please contribute to the dedicated section in forum called FEEDBACKS & IDEAS. Also additionally for bugs report, please visit QUADSIMU BUGS REPORT. You must be a registered to join the discussion. Have fun!